Saturday 19 February 2011

Dinsdale Owners

Meet puppy Poppy who's mom is Trinny and dad is Finn, for those that follow the blog she is sister to the wonderful Chase whom I intended to keep...until she kept growing. Sad for Lori :-( great for her new owner Glenda :-) Poppy lives on the West Coast of Canada with owner Ann and her older Aussie brother Pecos. I just loved these photos and had intended to make one a Feature Photo on my website, but couldn't decide which I liked more and so I decided to place them both, here on my blog. I get so many wonderful photos and updates from some really great owners that I will try to run some photos every week, so check in for future 'Dinsdale Owner' photo updates. AND if you own a pup from us, why not drop me an update and some photos and I will make your schnauzer a star on the Blog :-)) Below is some text from Ann's email telling me what Poppy (and that handsome man Pecos) have been up to.

Just thought I would send you a quick message to let you know how Poppy is doing. She is a super sweet girl and is doing really well here. She now weighs about 33 pounds and has been holding there since December. She has been out in the field with me now on several occasions and does pretty well. She hasn’t quite figured out the concept of stick around but does come back immediately when called. She really looks to Pecos and he has been a great teacher! She knows the basic commands and a ton of tricks. She really is super smart and picks up stuff almost immediately! I can’t wait to start her in agility as I think she is going to be a jumpers queen!!! She gets out every weekend with our trail walking group and has made lots of doggie friends! We often take walks along the beach where they have a total blast. She has been swimming a couple of times (not intentionally really) and does well. We have a canine pool in town and I think I am going to take her there so she can learn in a nice warm and safe environment. That way she will be confident enough to jump in the lake or ocean with the other dogs! I am thinking of getting her certified as a therapy dog because she is so good with people. Pecos was too wild when he was younger but I think Poppy would be great!

Thanks Anne for keeping in touch....
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...