Wednesday 7 March 2012

Pussy-cat pussy-cat I love you.....


Yes-I-do......you and your pussy-cat ways
 As a child I loved to pick Pussy Willow branches each Spring proudly presenting them to my mom to display in vases on our dining room table.  After a few weeks they would turn yellow with pollen and roots would emerge in the water.  One year we planted a rooted stem in the backyard.  It grew into a lovely tree over the next 25 years.  Years later when Mick and I bought our home my mother brought me a few rooted Willow branches from that tree which we planted.  I trimmed a few after photographing today and placed them in a vase, also a gift from my mom, on my table.
My mother passed away last March, in reality she left me many years earlier, stolen from us by Alzheimer's.  Today these pussy willows took me back to happier memories.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...