Wednesday 21 November 2012

Hugo

An old photo of Hugo, one of our first Standard Schnauzers.  I had a bit of a love/hate relationship with this guy, he could be such a jerk at times, I say that with love...I think.  Hugo came to live with us just before he turned two years old, he was litter brother to my first dog, Kodie.   Unlike his sister who loved me from the moment I took her home we had to work hard to form an attachment with Hugo.   I don't think it was us, just a result of his first formative months, maybe being raised in the shadow of his sire who was a formidable dog.  He taught me a lot about this breed.  In the end he bonded much more strongly to Mick then myself, but that was OK.
I bred Jewels to Hugo when he was 12 years old, he gave me a wonderful gift, his daughter, Gussy.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...