Monday 21 November 2011

Monday wanderings


 Sunday was spent clearing all the garden beds and putting them to sleep for winter.  I ventured out with my garden shears afterwards to continue with the task of trying to keep the wild perimeter of the property from it's never ending attempt to swallow up the land.  I chopped and pulled a ton of wild grape ivy from the now leafless branches of the trees it is trying to consume. Once done I putting the cuttings to use wrapping and weaving them into rustic garden wreaths.

We have an old Balsam at the side of the driveway that needs to be removed, I have a feeling that if we don't have someone come in to take it down, soon the winter elements may do it for us.  The moss and lichen growing on it are very beautiful to photograph.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...