Tuesday 14 September 2010

Morning wanderings

What a perfect late summer/early autumn morning, crisp, clear, beautiful deep blue skies. I wandered around the property with my camera capturing some of the gorgeous wildflowers currently in bloom. Black Eyed Susan's are stunning. This is a Jewel weed, tiny orange orchid like blossoms, they gather in cool damp areas and from what I read the succulent stems can be rubbed on your skin should you come into contact with Poison Ivy....which we also have a lot of in the area. Tiny purple asters are everywhere And of course flowering Golden Rod branches tower above everything. And lastly our special flower Jewels, whom I left inside the gate while I was out with the camera. She is rather slow and tends to wander off with her own old girl agenda. She was not impressed to be left behind.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...