Saturday 13 October 2012

October Frost

 I suppose, frost can be killing or beautiful, all depends on how you choose to look at it.  This morning we woke to the heaviest frost of Autumn 2012.  After letting the hens out this morning I hurried back inside to fetch the camera and capture some of the frosty delights.
It looks like the end of the peppers, most of the tomato plants have flopped, the Kale & Swiss Chard is defiantly standing.  It will be interesting to see what else comes back to life, most of the herbs were hanging on the the ground except for the sage & rosemary.  My fall peas looked a little sad, I am hopeful they will perk up, they still need to pod up and they have tons of flowers on them, fingers crossed.  All in all I am not that disappointed to see the garden wind down, my pantry and freezer is full and it's time to put the garden to rest.  Today, is garlic planting day, once done with that I will pile all the compost that my rabbits have been producing this summer onto the raised beds and say goodnight to them until next Spring.
Time for brisk Autumn walks with dogs, warm stews in the slow cooker and fires in the wood stoves, Autumn is my favorite of all seasons.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...