Thursday 14 June 2012

More rural mornings

My apologizes to everyone that comes to the blog for a Schnauzer photo fix, pics of the dogs have been a little thin lately.  That will all turn around next month when we have pups arriving, for now, you will have to indulge me, here are more photos taken this morning around our little farm.
I get such joy watching the chickens emerge, I can hear their gentle clucking within the coop as I unlatch and slide open the door.   First couple of chickens give a cursory look, the first birds step out cautiously, the rest, not wanting to be left behind charge out and race into their yard.
 The rabbits are enjoying the chickens too,  when I am out early to open the chicken coop I wander over to the rabbits and fill their feed bowls, usually I don't do this until after my coffee.  They all clamour to the feed dishes waiting for them to fill. The kits above are about 5 weeks old and are still with mom, this is her first litter, very beautiful kits.  Those below are a litter of almost 8 week old hooligan bunnies, a pushy bunch, I think their mom was thrilled when I moved them out of her cage.
After all the rains my veg garden is lush with growth, we have been enjoying lots of salad this week.
Carrots below are coming along, I was a bit late in getting them in the ground this year.
Climbing roses are into their second year, they are blooming like mad...but what's that?  A lady bug, yikes that can only mean we have aphids, darn!
 When I returned to the house this little chickadee was on the door mat that I hung over the rail to dry.  Looks like he is gathering nesting material.  He was off as soon as he heard my camera.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...