Wednesday 30 May 2012

Garden Time

Ready to start thinning
Today is a GORGEOUS summers morning, the oppressing humidity and heat from the last few days lifted overnight.  Today I can spend the time outside without having to crawl into the shadows every 30 minutes to recoup from the heat.  I can turn the A/C OFF in my grooming room and the dogs can enjoy romping outside, I cannot believe I had to put the A/C on in May, crazy.
I will thin the salad garden and look forward to another tasty lunch.  Yesterday I stopped at a local farm and picked up fresh eggs (my chicks will not be laying hens for a couple more months) and asparagus which I enjoyed like this
Asparagus roasted in olive oil & garlic served on country bacon topped with poached farm fresh eggs
The Pea crop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...