Saturday 24 March 2012

March Daffodils

 This is the earliest I can recall having my Daffs bloom here.  The tips of most of the daffodil leaves are frost bitten.  With this mild winter they have been attempting to emerge from the ground since January, then the temps would drop and the plants would draw themselves back into the earth leaving newly browned tips exposed.  I had wondered if we might not get blooms at all after repeated thaws and freezes.  The sudden warm temps this past week has caused everything to flush up and open,  like watching the Spring in fast forward mode.
I love Spring, and although the Summer weather last week were unexpected and enjoyed, I am not ready to head straight into Summer.  Today is cool and damp, much more what I would expect in March. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...