Thursday 29 December 2011

Lovely

We love the wood stove, couldn't be happier to have it in our home.  If we throw a couple of good sized logs on before bedtime there is a nice bed of embers ready to spark up a new fire in the morning.  Which is exactly what I did on this very frigid AM.
My guys have always worshiped the heat provided by our space heaters, they quickly discovered the beautiful warmth of the wood stove.  I have a steamer on top of the stove that I fill with water to add humidity to our dry winter air.  Yesterday Mick commented on the lack of static electricity this year, seems the steamer and the limited use of the forced air oil furnace is the reason, much to the relief of my dogs, nothing worse then coming for a cuddle and getting a static electricity shock from your owner.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...