Wednesday 3 March 2010

My Big Black Dog

It is surprising how many folks cannot figure out the breed when it comes to the black Standards. OK when they are sort of shaggy like Hex is at the moment I get their guesses of Giant Schnauzer (yes Hexe is a big girl) or Bouvier (not that big) rarely do people ask if my blacks are Miniature schnauzers, something most folks question when they meet a Pepper & Salt, but the funny one that comes up over and over is...... ....Scottie?? OK same color and a wire coat, but Scotties have no visible legs. You would be amazed at the number of folks that ask if my pepper & salts are Scotties, some even argue with me when I say, no it's a Standard Schnauzer. Oh sorry what was I thinking, yes I own Scotties, silly me I always confuse the two :-)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...